Dear Home Owners and Agents:
Photographs are the primary means for potential home buyers to become interested in purchasing a home.
We want Buyers to be interested in purchasing your property.
Prepare the property checklist: ...
When in doubt - throw it out - and .... always go neutral.
All Living Rooms and Throughout
- Turn on all overhead lights, lamps and exterior lights. Replace all burned-out light bulbs.
- Clean windows, mirrors, pictures under glass. Open all Blinds, Shades, and Curtains. Have them opened evenly with each other.
- Remove personal photographs, certificates, degrees and mementoes.
- Conceal garbage and recycle containers.
- Remove table coverings.
- Remove all signs of pets: food/water bowls, pet beds, chew toys, crates, kitty boxes, etc.
- During the shoot - remove the pet(s).
- Turn off TVs and computer screens, put remotes away.
- Conceal as many electric chords and wires as possible.
- Open blinds/window treatments to let in outside light.
- De-clutter fireplace mantel/hearth.
Kitchen and Dining Areas
- Make sure all chairs are evenly placed, symmetrical and matching or remove.
- All bulbs the same type and working.
- Store alcohol, wine and glassware away.
- Reduce clutter: tuck appliance wires out of sight, remove all cleaning supplies and hanging towels.
- Vases with flowers or fruit bowls can also add a nice touch to the scene.
- All lights should be on including under cabinet lighting and over stove lighting.
- Refrigerators should be cleared of magnets, pictures and flyers.
- Clean and polish off sink, faucet and fixtures so they shine.
Bedrooms and Bathrooms
- Make bed, including decorative pillows/shams if available, pull evenly.
- Remove all clutter from the top of the dressers.
- Make sure bedside lamps are working
- Clear nightstands of all personal items.
- Store away phone/tablet charging cables, etc.
- If you have a desk in the room, clear it off as much as possible.
- Check under beds - the camera sees all.
- Clean the mirrors and shine faucets.
- Clear counter-tops completely. No plastic soap dispensers, toothbrushes, medications, deodorant, etc.
- If you have glass shower doors, remove all shampoos, soaps, and brushes from the shower. **Clean the glass shower doors!
- Remove dirty towels – leave out only matching, unused towels.
- Remove floor mats.
- Put the toilet seats down.
- Remove all lime or soap film from tiles as it reflects light and will show in the photo.
- Remove cars from the driveway. Some MLS services will not accept pictures if cars are in the driveway.
- Store hoses and sprinklers away. Have sprinklers turned off for the time of the shoot.
- Lawns should be well-manicured. Remove dead plantings, foliage, stick piles and pinecones.
- Rake leaves, pine-straw, and cover bare patches of dirt with sod, etc.
- Remove pool covers, BBQ covers, fire pit covers, chair covers, etc.
- Remove children’s toys and yard equipment.
- Blow or sweep your walkways, patio, decks, porches and driveways. Remove stains on concrete at entrance and walk ways.
- Put trash containers in garage and put garage door down.
- Have exterior lights on for shoot even-if during day.
Home Owners should expect to plan for photo shoot to last 2 hours. **
*Additional charges will apply:
-If home is not prepared causing delay or requiring a re-shoot.
-Cancellations of less than 24 hours notice.